Kratom Association
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the kratom association forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of our association. We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Starting Dosage

Starting Dosage 1 year 3 weeks ago #13827

• speirso
  • Kratom Fan
  • Thank you received: 1
i had some success at last, last night i took 5 grams of green malay, i felt nauseous and dizzy at first about an hour after taking it, but a few hours later in bed, i felt really good, not high or anything like that, which is not what im after, i just felt normal, calm, and my mood had lifted, which is what i want, not felt anything like it for a long time, is it possible for effects to be delayed like this?

what would anyone recommend to potentiate kratom?

going to try some malay again today and hopefully get the same result
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Starting Dosage 1 year 3 weeks ago #13830

• miguelitoloco
  • Leaf Lover
  • Thank you received: 9
Im no expert but i would say that if u got sick is because the dose was a little to much for you.you might want to try a little less next time and see how it goes.for your other question,i think orange and grapefruit juice would help with the effects of the kratom..

Starting Dosage 1 year 3 weeks ago #13831

• cika
  • Mitragyna Master
  • Thank you received: 82
I take tums( heartburn, upset stomic/ calcium suppliment) after reading it potentiate kratom. There are a few threads on this aswell. Just search! Im not sure about the meds your on and if they interact with it. Like my own experiences and others aswell had to take it a few times before getting "there". If you were on any prescription opiates maybe more times needed. Then theres also the dosage... some take 1-2 grams, the one person felt sick off 1 gram, I take 4-6g, my wife can only take 2 grams as anything more causes nausea. Some take 10 grams as normal dose and Ive read many experience reports where folks are taking 15+ grams as a dose! So this part of your kratom experience is finding your spot. It might be 18 grams! Dont start there, but you might end up taking that much. Good luck partner.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by cika.

Starting Dosage 1 year 3 weeks ago #13836

• speirso
  • Kratom Fan
  • Thank you received: 1
i found a thread which gave the below possible potentiators, so im going to try a few of these, i think its going to take me a while and a bit of money to find the right dosage, i might try mixing some strains together to see if that works too?

1) Grapefruit juice is a decent inhibitor but it is not even close to the top. It is actually pretty weak compared to many. Also, taking grapefruit juice with or shortly before your Kratom is going to do very little. I would suggest drinking it 45 minutes to an hour beforehand. Your body needs to start processing the chemicals in GFJ before inhibition takes place that will slow the processing of the Kratom. You need the white kind and from concentrate is much more effective. I also hear that eating the peel of the fruit is more helpful as it has more of the chemicals that you need.

2) DXM is a very high potentiator but it is also a good way to turn your experience into something unpleasant. If you are like me, it makes you loopy and feel kinda dirty. It just makes me want to lay down. If you are going to take it, Coricidin Cough and Cold for people with High Blood Pressure is a good way. It's a small dose and shouldnt make you too drowsy. I personally am not a fan but my body doesnt do well with DXM.

3) Watercress which is a semi-aquatic plant that acts as a mild stimulant and also is a source of a lot of vitamins and minerals. So, it is actually good for you. It inhibits the CYP2E1 enzyme pretty well.

4) St. John's Wort isnt a top inhibitor but it is useful because it inhibits about 5 of the enzymes in the family of enzymes you need to inhibit. Edit - is a CYP2D6 inhibitor which cleans Kratom out of your system, probably want to avoid)

5) DLPA - wonderful potentiator and has a lot of positive effects. For it to be real useful, you need to take it regularly though. It takes a couple of weeks before you truly start to see the impact. I take 1000mg a day and usually about an hour before I take Kratom.

6) Quinine via Tonic Water - if you can get actual quinine, thats great but most people cant so tonic water is a source although it doesnt have much. Again, 45 minutes to an hour beforehand to truly see the effects. Edit - is a CYP2D6 inhibitor which cleans Kratom out of your system, probably want to avoid)

7) Tagamet - it's one of them but overall pretty weak unless you take a few but you arent suppose to take more than like 2 a day so be careful with that.

Tums and other antacids - not necessarily an inhibitor but it does raise the Ph in your stomach which increases absorption.

9) turmeric - not sure about opioids but this has been known to work with Kratom. I've read about a lot of people using it. You can just add it to your Kratom and it has some positive health benefits.

10) Cayenne pepper - same impact as tums. You can actually put this in your kratom powder. DO NOT USE TOO MUCH!

11) Valerian - yep, the plant. It is an inhibitor as well but I have never used it.

12) Magnesium - mag oxide, citrate, taurate, glycinate and others work. However, like mentioned, they have a tendancy to act as a laxative. So, I suggest Magnesium Salicylate Tetrahydrate which is a pain reliever. You can find it at CVS via their CVS Backache pills which have 580mg which is about what you need. You want to take this about 30 to 45 minutes beforehand. It's an NMDA antagonist which means it will help reduce tolerance.

13) Caffeine - it's not really an inhibitor or a potentiator but it works well against fighting the drowsiness effects of some of this stuff. I personally dont like feeling sedative so a cup of coffee or a nice tea can do wonders about making you feel better.

14) star fruit, milk thistle gingko and peperine are all potentiators but level in which they do so is unknown.

15) Dramamine - this is a good one and the best advantage to it is that it helps reduce the chance of nausea. I suggest Dramamine 2 which is the non-drowsy formula. Edit - is a CYP2D6 inhibitor which cleans Kratom out of your system, probably want to avoid)
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds